Saturday, May 19, 2018

2018 - Day #139





Today I needed this face to face.....

I started my weight loss journey on 1/1/08 at 253.8 (3 months after my daughter was born). 

I have done Jenny Craig, biggest loser challenges, WW multiple times, counting calories. I have gotten down to 172 and was still working on getting lower. I have crept back up to the 220s and everywhere in between.

I know in my heart I will never allow myself to go back to the person I was in that first picture. I love the new life that I have established over the last 10 yrs with activity and awareness about food. I have not reached my goal weight of 165 anytime in the last 10yrs BUT I have never given up on becoming the best version of myself even with weight gain setbacks. I honestly can’t believe I’ve been working on myself for 10 yrs. Some days I get angry for wasting time going up and down and up and down BUT today I realized it’s my process. 

In order for me to reach my goal this year as planned I had to go through all this stuff to realize just how important I am. How important being healthy and fit and happy really is. In the end It’s not about the final number on the scale. It’s about your journey to get there and how you lived while you worked on you. I’m living. I’m doing what’s best for me. I finally think I’m there. I’ll make my goal. I want it to be before end of year 2018 BUT I will accept the process. It’s mine. I own it. 

No comments: